If you have decided to install a solar panel at your home, then you have taken a brilliant decision. Solar panels are sources of green energy which will be the foundation of tomorrow. There is a high possibility that in the future most people will redirect towards using green technology and energy rather than the traditional ones. Nuclear energy is another good option of alternative power source; but nuclear energy is not totally safe. If nuclear radiation is unleashed, the nearby area will be affected and no one will be able to live in that area for about hundred years. So, installing solar panels is the right idea. But before you install a solar panel in your house, you need to make sure that you are getting the good product from a decent solar panel installer. For ensuring this, you should ask some questions. Here is a list of question you must ask your solar panel installer before installation:
- You should have a certain expectation from your solar panel. You need a certain amount of electricity from your solar panel. You must ask your solar panel installer whether their solar panels are able to fulfill your demands or not. They might have different solar panel packages that have different capacity to produce electricity. You should ask them about different plans.
- Your budget is certainly something to take a look at. After you have found the right solar panel package that suits your demands, you should check whether that fits your budget or not. After the solar installer company has told you the prices of their packages, you need to compare the price with other companies’ packages to sort out the best cost effective option.
- Different solar installer companies might require different time to install the solar panels to your house. You should ask how long it will take them to install the solar panel in your house and enable you to enjoy the electricity from solar panels. You need to make necessary arrangements before they come to install.
- You need to get a manual on how to maintain the solar panel in your rooftop. If you don’t know anything about the maintenance of your solar panel, then you won’t be able to take good care of it. So, you must ask the installer whether they will provide you with a manual or not.
- When you purchase your solar panel from the company, they will certainly give you warranty. Ask about the warranty. You need to know all the ins and outs of the warranty. Under some certain circumstances, warranty is not available. Warranty is not given for all the parts. You should ask questions to know about the parts that will be excluded from warranty. Otherwise you will face issues with the warranty offer when your solar panel will face problems.
- For proper maintenance of the solar panel, you may need your solar panel installer to send someone from time to time. Ask the installer whether they will provide you with this service or not. Sometimes the companies provide the customers with this service, but they take additional money for it. Ask questions to know about that as well.
- Customer service is another big concern. If you don’t find you solar installer company beside you when you are facing trouble, you won’t be able to deal with the challenging situations. Ask whether you will get 24/7 customer support or not. They should give you their contact number in case you want their help about the solar panel.
- Finally, you must ask whether the company will take liability of any accident that can happen because of bad quality solar panels or problematic installation. If the quality of the solar panel is bad and it is not installed properly, accidents may occur. As the quality & Solar panel installation process depends totally on the installer, they should take liability.
You can only verify whether the solar installer company you are considering is good or not by asking questions. The above listed questions are the ones you must ask to the installer. If you have additional questions, never hesitate to ask.